My Database Skills Killed the Server
So, you read a book on SQL. You may have written a stored procedure. You could have even gotten all crazy and created a few indexes or tables. But, have you ever taken a look the impact of your work beyond request response times? How fast your query runs is only part of the equation. It is important to take into consideration the entire application where databases are concerned.
This session will go over some tips on how to optimally handle data i/o. We will take a look at some basic ways to make your queries more efficient, as well as some common missteps developers make when querying data. We will also discuss how other outside factors impact your database.
What attendee will learn:
- Basic understanding of data i/o
- How to optimize and tune queries
- Understand the greater good when dealing with data
- Performance tricks when dealing with large data sets
- What, beyond the SQL itself, can impact the database