ColdFusion Builder 3 & The Missing Plugins (+ productivity tools & tips)
You may have tried to use ColdFusion Builder in the past, or you use an older version; but CFB3 has been rebuilt from the ground up. It’s now faster and more responsive then it ever has been and being built upon the Eclipse platform means there are many well established plugins to help enhance your development flow. These includes plugins for SQL development against, MySQL, Oracle, Postgrel & MS SQL Server without having to leave your IDE. We’ll review plugins to help with task tracking and context switching (when you’re pulled off one task to perform another and you forget where you are). Debugging your ColdFusion Applications can cause your to leave a few CFDumps in your code in production, we’ll look at using the Line Debugger and how it can save you a lot of time in the development and maintenance of your applications. There will be many more plugins to look at to help with your ColdFusion Development flow as well as some tools outside of eclipse in general web development that you may find of a real benefit & time savers.
Attendees Will Learn
- The power of Mylyn and Eclipse to keep on top of context switches
- Using FusionDebug to help you get to the bottom of annoying issues without dumping
- Using additional tools like Charles to help you work faster and smarter
- How to use ColdFusion Builder to give you Java like code assistance
- Ability to only have one application open not 10
- Editing and developing with SQL without leaving Eclipse
This is for any developer of all levels who currently use ColdFusion Builder 3 or have used previous versions and why they should look at it again.